Maca Berry Smoothie

by Laurel on October 6, 2013

Happy Sunday friends! I’ve been so busy at the start of this fall, but everything is shaping up nicely. I’m now teaching Pure Barre as an instructor and couldn’t be more thrilled about it. It’s a part-time job for me, and I love it! It’s always a positive to turn one of your favorite hobbies into a part-time career.

With my busy schedule (I’ve spent all my free time lately studying, practicing, exercising), I still rely heavily on smoothies to get in my nutrients and energy on a daily basis. This Maca Berry Smoothie is one of my favorites. It’s filling and is loaded with disease-fighting antioxidants, healthy fats, and a superfood powder called maca that gives me loads of energy and strength (learn more about maca’s health benefits on TheWellnessWarrior site). I put it in almost every smoothie these days, even my coffee smoothies I make on the way to work in the a.m!

If you know anyone who is trying to recover from an illness, or needs an easy way to get more healing nutrients in their body, I recommend maca powder as a powerful addition to the daily diet. In a raw, organic, powder, it couldn’t be easier to add to shakes on the go.

Oh, one more thing? Want a good source to buy maca? My favorite place to pick up superfood supplements and ingredients is on the OneLuckyDuck website.

Maca Berry Smoothie
(makes 1 large or 2 small smoothies)

Maca Berry Smoothie

1 frozen banana
1 tbsp. cashew butter (or almond butter)
1/2 cup frozen raspberries
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1 tbsp. organic maca powder
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
1 tbsp. ground flaxseed meal
1 1/2 cups water

Drop all the ingredients in a blender and process on high until smooth. Pour in a glass or glasses and enjoy!

Maca Berry Smoothie
Maca Berry Smoothie
Maca Berry Smoothie
Maca Berry Smoothie

Pin It

{ 6 comments… read them below or add one }

Jo Craven October 7, 2013 at 8:33 am

Oooh yum. This looks real good. Thanks for the tip on where to get maca, by the way. The frozen banana thing is a cool trick. Gonna use that from now on when making other smoothies too. Thanks!

weight loss October 8, 2013 at 10:43 pm

I am glad to read this post, its an interesting one. I am always searching for quality posts and articles and this is what I found here, I hope you will be add more in future. Thanks fitness weight loss

Patrick Ross October 10, 2013 at 3:01 pm

Oh God, this looks delicious and awesome, thanks so much! Just a quick question: I am in North Europe right now, do you think I would easily find maca over here?

Neil Butterfield October 10, 2013 at 10:11 pm

It sounds delicious and riddled with goodness. Thanks for sharing this recipe, Laurel.

Elle October 16, 2013 at 2:13 am

Bananas and berries in a smoothie is a classic favourite for me. I remember always choosing the strawberry banana flavour smoothie from Orange Julius when I was a kid.

I now really prefer to make my own smoothies because I’m able to control how much sugar I want to put into the drink and I can always mix it up and add some extra nutrients!

I like how you added ground flaxseed meal. It’s such an easy way to incorporate omega-3s into your drink without even realizing it. I need to try it!

I have never tried maca before, but it sounds like it has a lot of health benefits. Does it have any taste?

smuk sko nike shox November 20, 2013 at 1:17 am

Nice! It is so onerous search out good high quality information on the internet as we speak from knowledgeable sources, it is all wannabe’s and reused content material with only a few exceptions.