Glowing Skin Green Smoothie

by Laurel on May 7, 2013

I finally purchased a VitaMix blender last week and I am just bursting with excitement to make lots of healthy and filling smoothies this spring and summer. I’ll be sharing them all here on Laurel on Health Food. The following recipe is the first smoothie I made with my new blender. I’ve been drinking it for breakfast every day this week and feel so energized on my commute.

I named it the “Glowing Skin Green Smoothie” because it contains so many great-for-your-skin hydrating ingredients that give your skin a glow and leave you feeling refreshed. It has a light and fresh taste and is actually a great smoothie for people who are new to green juices. It’s sweet, creamy, and not at all bitter.

Glowing Skin Green Smoothie
(makes 2 small smoothies, or 1 large smoothie)

Glowing Skin Green Smoothie3/4 cup frozen pineapple
1 cup coconut water
3 large leaves green kale, stems removed
1/2 large cucumber, peeled
1/2 avocado, peeled
1 tsp. chia seeds

Place all the ingredients in a blender. Process on high until smooth and creamy. Drink immediately.

Glowing Skin Green Smoothie
Glowing Skin Green Smoothie
Glowing Skin Green Smoothie
Glowing Skin Green Smoothie

Pin It

{ 22 comments }

Nikki May 8, 2013 at 1:15 am

I remember the first time I has a green smoothie, I was sure it was going to be horrible but it wasn’t. This one sounds delicious too and I like coconut water in a smoothie, it gives a good amount of sweetness and flavor.

Angelina Bob May 8, 2013 at 3:37 am

Smoothies are good for keeping your skin young and radiant. Moreover, you can mix anything which you may like to add. I prefer spinach, green cucumbers and pineapple smoothies. Mixing good food colors and flavors with your vegetable smoothie is quite innovative and interesting as well.

autocom cdp May 8, 2013 at 7:45 pm

Some time ago, I did need to buy a building for my business but I did not earn enough money and couldn’t order something. Thank God my colleague proposed to try to get the business loans at trustworthy bank. Thence, I acted so and used to be happy with my small business loan.

iobd2 May 8, 2013 at 7:46 pm

Thanks a lot for sharing such a wonderful post, it is a very nice site i really enjoyed to visit this site.

Richard May 9, 2013 at 11:57 am

I just got a Vitamix blender about a month ago. I never thought of adding an avocado to the mix. I bet it makes for a creamier blend.

The smoothies have been a great way to get extra veggies in our kids. I am a big fan of green smoothies, but they aren’t always the most visually appealing for the kiddos. We throw in a beet to give a nice reddish color and my little ones drink it up.

Cheers,
Richard

Lyn Ashby May 10, 2013 at 2:04 am

This is a very yummy and refreshing smoothie. I tried and made this myself and was surprised with the creaminess of the avocado. Thank you for sharing!

Peter May 11, 2013 at 10:14 pm

Looks great! But, I think I’m going to add a Green Apple and some Chlorella for good afternoon boost. Enjoying your blog, thanks!

Hil May 19, 2013 at 6:21 pm

I agree, smoothies are a great way to get the vegies into kids. The good thing about young kids is the more fluro and brighter in color the smoothie is the easier it is to spin some magical story about it to get them to try it. The funny thing is as far as your body is concerned it really is MAGICAL!

Kelly May 21, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I love juices and smoothies. It is great experiments with different fruits and vegetables. I only discovered the other day that you can juice sugar snap peas!

Health and Fitness May 22, 2013 at 12:52 am

Thanks a lot for sharing such a wonderful post.It Look yummy and refreshing smoothie.Its good for keeping your skin young and radiant. I always add some pineapple pieces to make my smoothies more delicious.

STAND OUT FROM THE CROWD May 23, 2013 at 2:26 am

Its a great article and i strongly agree with all your points. Well I want to have some more information on how to control weight in everyday life. Good luck

Health and Fitness May 24, 2013 at 7:23 am

Its a really great post and i like it.

Laurel May 24, 2013 at 8:14 am

Thanks for all the sweet comments everyone! I’m happy you liked it!

Melanie May 31, 2013 at 8:01 am

Looks delicious but I’m not a big fan of coconut water. That said, the other flavours will probably hide the taste. The colour makes me want to eat a crunchy, green apple!

Sam June 10, 2013 at 7:10 am

This looks like a great one for anti-aging. Thanks!

Alison Bowling June 14, 2013 at 9:58 am

I’ll definitely give this one a try although smoothies that turn out green are not usually to my taste lol. Thanx for the recipe.

Laurel June 14, 2013 at 10:15 am

Hi Alison,
For you and anyone else that can’t shake the green color, I recommend adding some frozen blueberries or blackberries. The smoothie will turn a pretty purple color and you’re good to go.

However, green smoothies can taste anywhere from bitter to fresh to sweet, so it’s good to experiment and keep an open mind with your taste buds. As soon as you find one you like, you won’t have that stigma with drinking green anymore.

My smoothie recipe above is nice and sweet/refreshing.

Best, Laurel

Bernardo Sharp June 18, 2013 at 8:57 pm

Thanks! This was a good recipe. A great way to hide the flavor of my greens which is good because I’d rather eat my greens than juice them or put them in smoothies but in this case I couldn’t taste them! My pineapple and bananas must not have been very sweet though because I had to add stevia. I also used young coconut water instead of water for electrolytes and added flavor and some chia seeds for my complete protein and omegas! Thanks again for the recipe!

Katieq July 18, 2013 at 8:54 pm

I liked this smoothie, however I still do like mixing lemon with a morning smoothie – its good for the liver and cleansing as well. I mix big handful spinach water & lemon with apple & pear and add some chia seeds for good measure, then frozen banana.. yummy

AddieUp July 24, 2013 at 4:25 am

Guys, has anyone tried AddieUp? I assume this is the same as Adderall. Check out http://www.AddieUp.com and let me know your thoughts. Which one’s more effective?

Asm July 31, 2013 at 3:54 pm

Hi Laurel, many thanks for suggesting an alternative e.g. frozen blueberries or blackberries … now its quite acceptable for me as I’m crazy about ‘purple’ and will try this smoooooth recipe while taking my next breakfast … cheers :) … and yes, your all recipes are truly great especially the Stuffed Mushroom, which made my that day when I’ve prepared that mouth-watering recipe and shared with my fiance :) let me say, you’re not only sharing your great recipes here but also you’re spreading the love (for me its really true and does matter a lot) … you’re an inspiration for me without a single shred of doubt … Godspeed :)

Neil Butterfield October 23, 2013 at 4:38 am

This does look and sound incredibly healthy, thanks for sharing this recipe.

Comments on this entry are closed.