It’s New Year’s Eve and I’m finishing up work for the day and making preparations for a fun night out in NYC. But before I go get ready, I wanted to post my third healthy resolution for 2013. This year I have so many plans for things I want to get done and I know I need to be in my best shape to achieve all my goals.
To help me stay energetic and healthy, I really want to focus on drinking more fresh vegetable and fruit juices in place of some of the coffee I drink. I love coffee and I don’t plan to give it up (I’m a proud K-Cup Ambassador), but I definitely think I can drink less of it and fill up on more fresh juices that are packed with nutrition. I also plan to do another juice detox cleanse this spring.
Also, stay tuned for my book review and giveaway of The Joy of Juicing, 3rd Edition next week!
7 Healthy New Year’s Resolutions
#3 – Drink More Fresh Juices and Less Coffee
My third healthy resolution for 2013 is to drink fresh vegetable and fruit juices instead of coffee at least three times a week. Juicing fresh fruits and vegetables gives you a boost of anti-aging, superfood rich nutrition that fills you up and provides tons of light energy to power through your day. It’s a different kind of boost than caffeine, but it can be just as addictive (in a healthier way). I’ll also be drinking more lemon juice in my water cup every day at work.
Check out a few of the powerful benefits of juicing:
- Reduces your risk of cancer and helps prevent spread of cancer
- Reduces cravings for sweet foods and junk food
- Calms nervous system and improves sleep
- Provides anti-aging benefits to the skin (gives you a glow)
- Improves digestion and detox in the body
- Reduces allergy symptoms
- Provides light and happy energy and boosts mood
Who’s with me for making this resolution? I included a few recipes below and also a trailer for the successful documentary Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead about a man with autoimmune disease who decides to let his body heal by vowing to only drink fresh fruit and vegetable juice for 60 straight days. If you’ve haven’t seen it and are curious about juicing, you have to check it out!
Juice and smoothie recipes:
- Watermelon Green Juice
- Make Juice Not War Green Juice (Kris Carr recipe)
- Strawberry Lemonade
- Green Lemonade (PeacefulDaily recipe)
- Avocado Pineapple Smoothie
- Coconut Pineapple Raspberry Smoothie
- Kale and Pear Green Smoothie (Vita Mix recipe)
- 30 Days of Juicing Recipes (Olivia Ware)
- Dr. Perricone’s Green Juice (WellandGoodNYC)