Last week I held a blogging marathon titled “7 Days of Healthy Eating Out.” While I’m usually someone that eats most of my meals at home, it was fun to venture out to new restaurants and give myself a cooking break for the week. I checked out a few of the special organic and vegan restaurants I’d been dying to try in NYC, but also hit up some casual lunch spots like Chipotle. I even ordered some Chinese take-out to show you how to eat out healthy on the cheap. I had lots of vegetarian meals, but also a few with meat or seafood, so there was a little something for everyone. Here’s a roundup of all 7 posts:
- Day 1 (butternut squash soup, tabouli quinoa salad, frozen yogurt)
- Day 2 (Chinese takeout)
- Day 3 (veggie omelet, edamame, dark chocolates)
- Day 4 (Chipotle salad, unsweet tea, clementines)
- Day 5 (Blue Sunset shake, black bean hummus tartine)
- Day 6 (vegetable stew, cornbread, veggies, crumb cake, brittle)
- Day 7 (Norwegian salad with salmon & eggs, prosecco)
Here’s a slideshow of all the pictures I took last week. Or, visit my Flickr Photostream here.
I hope you enjoyed the marathon, and please leave me a comment if you have some suggestions for the next time around. I’m thinking of doing a “7 Days of Desserts” marathon next month. You likey?